Do you think you need a tummy tuck?
If you're unhappy with your appearance after giving birth or a dramatic weight loss, then your Grand Rapids, MI, doctor Dr. John Iacobucci at Aesthetic Plastic Surgery of Grand Rapids can help.
Dieting and exercise aren't always the solution to shedding stubborn fat around the waistline. That's why your Grand Rapids doctor offers his patients a tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty.
What is a tummy tuck?
It is the surgical removal of extra fat and skin around your stomach or abdomen and tightening the muscles in that region. The goal of this procedure is to give you a flatter and tighter stomach, but why you should consider a tummy tuck?
- Dieting and exercise aren't improving the appearance of your abdomen
- Excess skin after a dramatic weight loss
- Pregnancy reducing skin elasticity
Procedure and Recovery:
The procedure lasts from one to five hours, but this depends on everyone's unique body and how they wish their abdomen to look after the surgery. The doctor will make an incision starting above the pubic bone area until the lower abdomen or around the back. Excess skin is removed from the muscle tissue by your doctor separating them. The muscle tissue is then tightened so you have a well-defined waistline, the incision is closed and the skin is stitched back.
- Get plenty of rest and limit your movement to help speed up the healing and recovery process.
- Stitches are removed shortly after the surgery but the exact timing depends on your procedure and body.
- You can continue normal activities within two weeks.
- Your body may need a year to adapt to your new body.
- Proper diet and exercise may help the procedure last longer.
- The body may experience swelling so medication is prescribed to help manage pain and discomfort.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding a tummy tuck, give your Grand Rapids, MI, doctor Dr. John Iacobucci a call.