Want a younger looking you again? Then you should visit Grand Rapids, MI, plastic surgeon, Dr. John Iacobucci.
A facelift procedure is used to counteract the effects of time. It smoothens and firms skin that's lost its elasticity and volume over time. The areas most impacted by drooping skin though are: the face, neck and jawline.
The process of wrinkle formation is gradual and varies from one person to another. Here are a few factors that may result in needing a facelift:
- Sun’s radiation
Reasons for considering a facelift include:
- Sagging skin may result in low self-esteem
- Excess skin and fat may be a result of losing a lot of weight rapidly
- Removing creases and bags under your eyes can make you look youthful instead of tired all the time
A facelift may take several hours depending on your needs. There are several facelift techniques but patients can discuss which surgical method would be best with our Grand Rapids physician.
The standard for a facelift commonly involves
- Making incisions inside the hairline after contouring the front of your ear, under the earlobe, and the backside of the ear to the lower scalp.
- The doctor will separate the tissue and fat deposits, then the skin is stretched and tightened, while excess skin is removed. If your neck needs attention, an incision is made under the chin
- Incisions are closed using stitches, metal clips or staples to reduce chances of scarring
Immediately after surgery, you need to have:
- Bandages are placed on your face to reduce swelling and improve the rate of recovery
- Your post-procedural recovery should consist of rest and limited movement
- Stitches, clips or staples are usually removed within a week
- Some patients do feel soreness and pain after their facelift but that can be treated with medication, depending on your needs and the advice of your doctor.
For more information about getting a facelift, call Dr. John Iacobucci, your plastic surgeon in Grand Rapids, MI.